Think about it - when was the last time you bought something via a cold call or hard sell salesperson? Cold calling and the hard sell won't work anymore.
Buyers want to be well-educated and develop trust. They want to be guided through a smooth sales process. This is a far-cry from our traditional marketing ways.
The old way.
Let's take a look at the traditional methods in the real estate industry.
Most real estate marketing campaigns have at least one, if not all, of these outdated marketing methods implemented:
- Cold calling
- Bus shelters
- A 4-page website with little to no information
- Letterbox drops
- Sitting at display home seven days a week
- Sitting at the local shopping precinct
- Promoting deals that heavily discount the product
- Launch Nights
Are these the boxes you are ticking in your next campaign? If so, how are you tracking the ROI on these methods?
Are your developers spending thousands without genuinely being able to track their effectiveness?
Are the leads you are getting cold, unqualified and full of doubt?
The revolutionary new way to sell property off the plan.
Now we have spoken about the old methods of marketing that we are sure many of you are familiar with. We wanted to share with you a case study on a company who was sick of doing the same old marketing, and getting the same old results. They embraced the revolutionary new way to sell property off the plan and the results were outstanding.
About the company
An Adelaide Real Estate Developer wanted to launch to market a luxury multi-story apartment building complex on one of the city's most prestigious streets.
Pushing the limits, there had never been an offering of this magnitude put to market. The building comprised of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments with commercial retail and hospitality spaces on the ground level.
The challenge for The Kingdom was to generate pre-qualified leads and deliver them to the sales team to allow them to meet the pre-sales target and get the building out of the ground.
The Kingdom wanted to provide informative content to the prospective purchasers letting the marketing pre-qualify them, and build trust in the development.
Feeding them the right content at the right time was vital.
For many people buying off the plan can be a nerve-wracking process.
Using HubSpot, we were able to track the potential buyer's activity and identify where they were getting stuck in the sales funnel. We could then use automated marketing to give them the information they needed to be able to help them with their decision to purchase.
The Solution & how we helped.
The Kingdom's strategy was simple - build a lead generating website combined with the power of HubSpot and social media to generate pre-qualified leads for the sales team, allowing them to sell faster and easier.
To do this, they did the following:
- Creation of informative content - and a lot of it. Content that answers the customer's questions and helps with the decision making process. Buyers love to be educated and having valuable content readily available for them to access online in their own time means they were able to do their own research and educate themselves before contacting you.
- Gated content. Now, we're not suggesting that you have all your content gated. Giving content away for free such as FAQ’s, Blogs and more “top of funnel’ content means you can gate content such as price, floor-plans, specifications and engaging the prospect to research further, getting them to give their contact information to us to receive the ‘middle of funnel’ information.
- Setting up automation, allowing the systems to do the grunt work. Getting your IT/ marketing team to set up automation means that the sales process starts long before the salesperson even has contact with a prospective buyer. Automation also means that the prospects don't have to wait for the salesperson to get around to sending the information. They can do their research where they want and when they want. This takes any friction out of the sales process.
- Using HubSpot to track and monitor the behaviour of the leads. This is one of our favourite features. You can see when the prospect is on the site and what they are looking at. This allows you to have the upper-hand for when they do call. You will already know they want the two-bedroom north-facing penthouse because you have watched them view it this multiples times, and come back to it time and time again.
- Using HubSpot to nurture your prospect. HubSpot will nurture your prospect for you using inbound marketing content that your marketing team will create, using the salesperson feedback on what the prospect wants to know. This means that you, as the salesperson, don't have to do your 'hard sell' as the inbound marketing will push them down the sales funnel naturally as they continue to receive the content that they need to answer all their questions.
- Produce qualified leads for the sales agent. Once the prospect has done their research, and been nurtured by HubSpot down the sales funnel, there will be specific triggers for you as a sales agent to know that this person is ready to buy. All that is left to do is call and make a time for them to sign the contract.
- The power of Social. Social media was used to drive traffic back to the website to convert leads by offering valuable content for download.
For the company, doing all of these actions resulted in:
- More pre-qualified leads for the sales team.
- No cold calls.
- Better educated contacts at the time of signing a contract .
- More sales, and faster sales.
- Meaning the developments spent less time on market.
This was a win-win solution for both the buyer and the real estate agency.
Do you like the idea of your sales team spending more time talking to pre-qualified leads and less time cold calling? It might be time to learn more.